
Every year around the holiday season, the city of Walnut Creek hosts their annual outdoor ice skating event, hosted by Long's. Since we didn't get around to going last year, we jumped on the opportunity when our friends Lisa and Peter invited us to go. Plus, we went on a night when Long's employees skate for free (I'm not technically an employee any longer, but Eric and I still had our employee discount cards and we didn't exactly want to pay $14 admission per person).

Overall, it was a good time. The rink itself was far larger than we were anticipating and there was Christmas music playing over a loudspeaker. The ice quality was sub par but understandable since it wasn't a true ice skating rink, just a rink built temporarily for the event. Eric had fun on the ice, since he doesn't get the chance to skate all that often anymore. And, I'm proud to say that I didn't fall. Not even once.
No comments:
Post a Comment