As a kid with divorced parents, I became quite accustomed to being shuffled around, going from home to home, from party to party at any given time, especially on Christmas Day. Back then, I swore that this would be one of the not-so-enjoyable aspects of the holidays that would not continue into my adult life. And yet, there we were on Christmas Day, driving from house to house to house trying to squeeze everyone in. That’s the way it goes I guess. For now at least- until we can afford a big enough house to notify everyone that it they expect to see us, then they’ll just have to trek out to our place.
So, as you may have guessed, this was a busy day for Eric and I. First, it was a quick stocking and gift exchange between Eric and I at home. Then, we got ready to go. First, dad’s place in Antioch, then h’or deuves and the famous gift exchange at Eric’s aunt’s place in Brentwood, followed by snacks and more gift exchanging at Mom & Patrick’s house in Dublin. Finally, we had dinner and late night conversation with the Fleming clan in Danville before we officially headed home and crashed. Despite our hectic schedule for the day, it was nice to see everyone- well, almost everyone.
Sadly, Elaine and my schedules didn’t seem to coordinate at any point during the day, so we decided that we would get together the day after Christmas instead. Elaine gave us an awesome basket full of all kinds of things she made. There was jam, lip gloss, and a candle among a bunch of other cool things like a beautiful homemade table runner (I love how awesomely crafty we both turned out!). Anyway, the four of us enjoyed a fun-filled afternoon of chicken wings and chocolate donuts over wii games in our pajamas.
Things I Love
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment