Things I Love

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Another Semester Down, One More To Go! (hopefully)

Today marks the completion of my last official class for my program. The past few weeks have been completely stressful and overwhelming, even after I carefully scheduled work at the hospital along with all of my other tasks into one-hour timeslots. On top of grading about 60 undergraduate essays, I had term papers and presentations due in both of my classes (an ANOVA statistics class and a seminar on culture and cognitive development) within the same week. And let’s not forget to mention the endless task of preparing my IRB submission (the tedious report of my official thesis proposal). Then, my advising professor informs me at the last minute that she would like me to guest lecture on self-identity development in one of her classes. Okay, add that to my list. Needless to say, I was about ready to lose it. Yet miraculously, I was able to keep it together- even on minimal sleep, which if you know me, is difficult to imagine (Sleeping comes very easy to me; I thankfully sleep like a rock. I can have a pile of things on my desk left undone, yet I will not sacrifice my sleep. I have never pulled an all-nighter, nor will I ever- Me + stress + little to no sleep = a very unhappy camper). So, I am extremely relieved that this semester is finally over! I can take a short break before the madness resumes in a few weeks.

No comments: