Things I Love

Sunday, December 14, 2008

One Fake Tree for Adams-Stessel, Inc.

We received a Christmas card in the mail today addressed to "Adams-Stessel, Inc." I have to admit, it was definitely the most unique salutation that we’ve received yet (thanks Grandma & Grandpa Fleming). We receive all kinds of oddly addressed correspondence on a daily basis- everything from "Holly Stressel" to "Erick Addams." And then there was "Eric Stems" (my personal favorite). Anyway, I think we will try to see how well this one sticks with us.

We broke down and bought a fake Christmas tree today. As a kid, I despised the fake tree that came around about every other year, when the rest of the family’s protest against the ugly, fake, plastic excuse for a tree failed. But, realistically speaking, artificial Christmas trees do make sense. We don’t have to worry anymore about the cats trying to eat it (or future children either). Also, it will pay itself off in about two or three years, since one must fork over at least $50 for a decent tree these days. And I won’t have to feel sad for throwing the tree away after we’re done with it (I know, you can recycle the tree, but still…). Lastly, no more pine needles mysteriously popping up all over the carpeting in the middle of July. On the con side, no more fresh pine smell throughout the house. But, we did find a lovely candle at Illuminations that smells just like the real thing! I took a few pictures of Eric putting the thing together and after I had the time to decortate it.


No comments: