
A few days before the holiday festivities began, Eric and I had the chance to drive around looking for festive holiday lights! This is one activity that I try to make time for each season, as I have fond childhood memories of family outings that simply involved driving around endlessly as we all "ohh-ed" and "ahh-ed" at all of the pretty lights. Shortly after Eric and I started dating, he drove me to "Kript’s Place"- a popular organization of blocks in Fremont that lavishly decorated their homes to raise money for children’s cancer research. Nearly every home, at least five or six blocks wide, would display all sorts of festive lights. It was a sight to see. Sadly, the display has withered in recent years to only a few homes. So, this year we lucked out with our newly discovered block of homes a little closer to home- right in San Ramon. There was even a home that streamed holiday music on beat to the movement of their lights! We were very impressed and recommend the trip if you find fun in this sort of thing.

There’s nothing like a warm, gooey, cinnamon roll lathered with icing and paired with a tall glass of milk on Christmas morning before you break into the stockings. My own little holiday tradition that I look forward to carrying on with my own little family in the future. But sadly, I did not have the time this year to make them (…sigh…). And I was not about to break open a can of Philsbury- that would be even more disappointing. Instead, I made sure to prepare a batch this morning, the day after Christmas (which I thankfully had off from work! A first for me, since about eight years ago). I tried a new recipe, as I was unimpressed with the results from Ms. Betty last year. Although not quite what I was hoping for, they turned out good overall.
No comments:
Post a Comment