We celebrated my 25th birthday this year with a Hollie-Ween party! Eric’s mom planned a Halloween costume party for me this year, which was a lot of fun.
The theme for the party was “couples,” and everyone came up with some unique costumes- there was Wilma and Fred Flinstone, the Tooth Fairy and a dentist, an officer and an inmate, Popeye and Olyve Oyl- very creative ideas!
I really couldn’t remember the last time I had to dress up for something, but I wanted to dress up as something fun. So I enlisted the help of my sister, who helped me make a lovely green mermaid fin so I could dress up as Ariel the Little Mermaid (and Eric dressed up as Prince Eric). I even found a lobster costume for Blake! (kind of like Sebastian the crab). Blake wasn’t too fond of the costume… I couldn’t even get him to pose for a quick picture. Oh well, I tried.
Dinner was enchiladas and tacos and we had so many different desserts, I had to try a bit of everything from the ice-cream cake to the pumpkin pie. Then I opened a few gifts. Eric bought me a camcorder (which I’ve been wanting for quite a while!). It’s a mini pocket-sized device that records HD quality video, which is great. I also got a few gift cards, some new clothes, and two new coats- a teal pea coat and a new jean jacket to replace my old one (I love coats!).
The night before the party, we also celebrated over dinner. I chose to go to the Olive Garden, and to my surprise, many of my friends and family arrived separately to dine with us. Unfortunately the restaurant didn’t take reservations, and it was a busy Friday night, but all twenty-something of us were finally seated and I had a great birthday dinner! It was great to celebrate my quarter-century status among all my close friends and family.
Things I Love
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment