Things I Love

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things about Me

I had so many interesting responses to this note that someone tagged me on Facebook, that I just had to post this again here:


Hello everyone! I never do these things, but I enjoyed reading everyone else's so much that I thought I'd give it a try. Enjoy!

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I have little to no concept of “left” and “right.” Strange, I know- I don’t even get it. Yet oddly, I seem to have no trouble perceiving north, south, east, and west…
2. Although I don’t bite my fingernails anymore, I still chew on them when I’m stressed or intently thinking about something- it’s a hard habit to break!
3. My hair grows like a weed and I donate it to Locks of Love every couple of years.
4. I hate Cheese-Its, and not necessarily for their taste. Instead, I’m very bothered by their shape. However, I do enjoy Goldfish on occasion. The same goes for most other foods, meaning unimportant details about them irritate me and therefore prevent me from consuming them, such as shrimp for their odd, slimy consistency.
5. I truly appreciate the automobile industry. Although I’m no expert when it comes to cars, I understand the basics. It’s more of the design aspect that I enjoy, like the body style and the appearance details. Point out any car on the street and I can probably tell you what make, model, and year it is.
6. Speaking of design, I think I missed my calling as an architect or an interior designer. I’m addicted to HGTV and anything else design related.
7. I hate the phone. Do not leave me a message because I will not check it.
8. I also despise computers. I have no patience for them and get extremely irritated when they do not perform as I desire or take too long to do something.
9. I’m upset that my recent dentist appointment resulted in two cavities. It is most likely due to the fact that I have a major sweet tooth for all things candy and chocolate, like the sour gummy worms that I’m munching on right now…
10. I opt for organic/all natural whenever possible.
11. I never took the SAT and I’m about to graduate with a Master’s degree. Go figure.
12. I’m awesome at parallel parking.
13. I’ve been attacked by a wild turkey more than once.
14. Most people think that I’m a feminist- hence the retention of my last name- but I’m far more domestic than one might think. I cook, I bake, I sew, I decorate, I craft, I paint, I clean… and I actually enjoy it.
15. I’m terrified of bees.
16. I would classify myself as a classic introvert. I prefer time to myself, I take a while to warm up to people, and I’m only social on occasion. Luckily my husband is the complete opposite, so I think we balance each other out quite nicely.
17. I live by To-Do lists.
18. I think that my sense of style is constantly lacking. I love to shop and pick out new things, but they are always of the same variety- jeans, simple shirts, tennis shoes or slip-ons, and lots and lots of coats.
19. I’m teaching two statistic classes this semester at my university and I hope to find a real teaching job as soon as I graduate- hopefully a part-time position at a nearby community college.
20. I kill plants. Do not give them to me unless you can arrange for my husband to care for it.
21. My sister and I are constantly mistaken for twins. When we’re out together, we’re always asked who’s older. If we suggest that they guess, their response is always that I’m the older one!
22. Sadly, I’m horribly uncoordinated and highly accident-prone. Ask Eric or Elaine about my dance recital when I was at Berkeley!
23. Our cats not only sleep on our heads at night, but they usually sit on the dining room table with us when we’re eating- we’re complete suckers for these two 25-pound furrballs.
24. One of my most cherished items is an old book that I loved as a child- My Turn on Earth.
25. I took up a new hobby of blogging and I’m secretly enjoying it.

No comments: