Things I Love

Friday, October 16, 2009

One Week Down...

We’ve been shacked up at Mom’s house for about a week now. I had high hopes that all the animals in the house would get along- Eric’s mom’s dog Abbie (a lab/boxer/pitt mix), Britty’s new kitten Dodger (a 3 month old ragdoll), and our two ragdolls, Blake and Penny. At first, Blake was more than friendly with everyone in the house (he loves everyone and everything), at least until Abbie tried to nip and bark at him. That scared him enough to steer clear of the dog for a while. Penny, who has always been more reserved and timid than Blake, preferred to hide in the guest room most of the time and hissed at the kitten whenever it came near her.

But, after about a week, it seems all the animals are starting to adjust. We initially corralled our kids in the guest suite, and then gradually introduced them to the downstairs, and now they seem to roam freely. Our kids still don’t like the dog (she’s noisy and always wants to play), but they are starting to get along great with Dodger. I even caught Penny giving him a bath the other day! And we’ve noticed that Dodger constantly follows Blake around like he’s a little shadow looking up to his big cousin. Too cute.

Aside from the animals, Eric and I are good. We commute to and from work together, which has been working our really well and saving us gas money! We really are so grateful that Eric’s mom and Patrick offered for us to stay with them until we find a house! And it’s been really nice to spend some quality time with family while we’re here. But, I’m definitely starting to miss my own space. Already. I miss my big bathroom and all of my baking supplies. I miss being able to roam the house in my pajamas without thinking twice about it. I miss lounging on my big cushy couch like a bum and watching television with Eric. I miss our big bed.

But, soon enough (we hope) we’ll have a whole new place to call our own!

No comments: