
I’m really sad to be leaving a place that I’ve learned to appreciate so much! We move out of our condo in less than two weeks and I’m starting to feel nostalgic already… the thought that we’re really leaving is starting to set in, now that the house is piling high in boxes. I know it’s the right decision to move and invest in a home, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that there’s so much to miss about Walnut Creek!

One of the things that I absolutely love about Walnut Creek is that it is all-inclusive. Everything that I need can be found right here- Trader Joe’s, Target, the Apple Store, Barnes & Noble, Boudin- plus a few unique places that I enjoy, like Main Street Rags and the Olde San Francisco Creamery. There are very few things that we have to venture outside of town for. I really do appreciate that, since not every location has that to offer. When we lived in San Ramon, Eric and I loved the city itself, but we found ourselves driving to and from Dublin and Walnut Creek for all of our basic needs. When we leave here, I wouldn’t be surprised if we return to visit Walnut Creek regularly!

Plus, Walnut Creek hosts a number of great community events. Once or twice a year, there are lovely art and wine shows in Downtown, perfect for walking and browsing. Plus, every year around this time, the Downtown association hosts its annual “Walnut Festival” in which many of the local marching bands, dance groups, and community organizations march together down Main Street. And then there is Heather Farms Park right around the corner from us- where we were married! The park is always busy with activities, festivals, and shows. I think we’ll miss the chances we should have taken to walk right over and reminisce.
The most obvious downfall of Walnut Creek (and really the only downfall in my opinion) is simply the cost- it’s really quite unfortunate that the most we can afford here is a small condo on a busy road, which is more than adequate for a single professional or modest couple. Sadly for us, we’re just growing out of it too quickly… I really do hope that one day we will be able to move back!
No comments:
Post a Comment