Things I Love

Thursday, May 7, 2009

This is Why I get Nothing Done!!


It’s May already and there are only 2 weeks of classes left before the semester is over! The statistics courses that I teach have surely kept me on my toes. Each week, I have a lesson to plan, anywhere between 60 to 120 assignments to grade, and miscellaneous emails to keep on top of. And every single week, I seem to procrastinate until the very last minute to get everything done. It’s been a massive time commitment on top of everything else I have to do, so needless to say, I’ll be glad when it’s over!

To top it off, today I taught a statistics lecture course consisting of about 200 undergraduates, since their professor was out of town for a guest lecture. I wasn’t nervous at all, which is unusual for me, and the lecture went great! I planned some examples using data from the asthma clinic at Children’s Hospital and I even managed to have enough time to conduct an entire ANOVA test from start to finish. At the end, a few students came to me and complimented me, recommending that I press on to be a teacher, which was very flattering to say the least- it’s always heartwarming to learn that my efforts are appreciated and acknowledged.

No comments: