I was first introduced to Chick-fil-a when Eric and I traveled to Texas for the first time, back in 2005. It’s nothing more than a fast-food restaurant that serves all kinds of chicken options, but I do have to admit that it is rather enjoyable. It was founded in the South some time ago, and is rare on the West Coast, but we recently learned that there is one in Fairfield! So of course we had to stop in on our way up to Sacramento over the weekend to visit with friends (Happy Birthday Kaleb!!). I had chicken strips and Eric had a chicken sandwich. Even though Eric said that it wasn’t quite as good as back home in Texas, he was satisfied (he will get to enjoy the real thing back home in Texas when we visit in July for his cousin’s wedding).
We started heading home from Sacramento around dinnertime when I remembered another fine eating establishment that I particularly enjoy- BJ’s! It’s a brewery/grill chain restaurant and there just so happens to be one right off I-80 in Vacaville. My colleagues at school are always raving about BJ’s (there’s one in San Bruno, near SF) and some crazy dish called a Pizookie. So, we just had to stop in and try it. I ordered a basalmic chicken dish with cheddar mashed potatoes (very good) and Eric had a steak sandwich with wedge potato fries. We made sure to save enough room for the Oreo Pizookie- a huge chocolate deep-dish cookie topped with vanilla ice cream and a cookie mousse. It was great! So, after a big day of driving, visiting, and eating, we spent the next day detoxing from all the food we ate the day before… it was well worth it though!
Things I Love
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment