Things I Love

Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Big Two-Four

My birthday fell on a Thursday this year, which was certainly not ideal considering my workload with school on Thursdays. I did manage to get out of a meeting, which meant that I could get home around 6 in the evening instead of 8. So, Eric called Elaine and we went to an impromptu dinner at an Italian place called Tulio’s that came highly recommended from yelp.com (Nothing to say here about their sub-par cuisine. Their ratings took a steep decline after we came and went. I will soon learn to stop relying on yelp and all the reviewers that apparently don’t know what good food is). Anyway, the dinner outing was still fun. Eric even made a cake- funfetti- my favorite. How sweet.

Then on Halloween, Eric’s mom invited the whole family over for a costume party, which apparently turned into a birthday party for me in disguise. Feeling quite lazy in the costume department, I conveniently dressed up as a crazy Cal fan and Eric posed as a Jedi (complete with fancy lightsaber). Eric’s mom bought me a foot bath bubbling contraption (what do you call those things?) that I really wanted. I tried it as soon as we got home. And I got to blow out the candles over all of my favorites- ice-cream cake, brownies, and pumpkin pie! Good times.



No comments: