Things I Love

Saturday, October 18, 2008

“Never has anyone with so little to say said so much to so few”

- courtesy of my dear husband

I’ve officially joined the masses- I have my own blog. I decided to create it for a number of reasons. First, I truly enjoy visiting the pages of my friends and family members to see what’s new and exciting in their lives. Many of them live far, which makes it easy to keep in contact. And I’ve been recommended some great recipes and book suggestions from others’ posts. Second, I really enjoy journal writing- and writing in general for that matter. I rarely take the time to sit down and write much of anything, unless it’s one of many forty-page research papers for my graduate program. Unlike the structured, jargon-ridden papers that I’ve become accustomed to within the last few years, I’ve found writing posts like this for a simple blog really serves a greater purpose. It not only provides insight but also serves as a force for self-reflection for me. And plus, it certainly costs less than therapy.

No comments: